On Friday, I was asked by my teacher: “Do you know what you want to do in the future?”
To that I replied my routine answer of: “No, I have absolutely no idea”
As a school student, aged sixteen I am asked this question at least on a weekly basis by a whole array of people, including teachers, peers and of course, my parents.
But on Friday, this question got me thinking more than usual.
My future is uncertain, I know that for sure, however, I find somewhat joy in not knowing what lies ahead of me. I think that as long as I know the rough direction I want to go in my future is going to be exciting, and thinking about it, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love the thought of the fact that one thing, one event, one time in my life, (good or bad) could change my opinion on life forever. It could change my career choices, the way I act, the way I think, the way I look and my whole lifestyle.
I then started to think about the somewhat near future and decided to make a list of what I wanted to do in the next couple of months and/ or years that is going to help me as a person:
- Treat myself and my body with a little more respect. What I mean by this is I think I should start listening to myself a little bit more, rather than being swayed by other people’s opinions. As for my body, this weekend I have already started to eat healthier, and I can already tell that this has made me more positive.
- Meet lots more wonderful people, both online and offline, who are going to going to bring happiness to my life. Not that I don’t already have fab people in my life, but you can never have too many amazing dudes in your life, right?
- Read more books/ write more blog posts. I find that if I write about something, it gives me the motivation to actually do it. As for reading, it gives me the inspiration to write.
- Go to more shows, cultural events and theatre performances (of all kinds). I love the theatre, I always have, and I probably (hopefully) always will. I relax when I am in the theatre like nowhere else. I also think seeing lots of different performances will help me to understand lots of different things such as events in history and culture, as I always read up on the context of a piece of theatre before I go.
- Pay attention and be thankful for all the little things in life. I have come to realise recently that you don’t know what you have until it’s gone, so for that reason, I am going to cherish every single little moment.
- Finally, and maybe most importantly, i am going to try lots of different and new flavours of tea…. I LIKE TEA OKAY?!
I am hoping these things will help me find what I am supposed to do in life, and maybe help me find some new things that I love to do!
Ciao for now,