My favourite song, 5 Colours In Her Hair, by McFly was released on 29th March 2004, when I was just a mere 3 years old. I will admit, it isn’t the most amazing of songs- your typical, cheesy 00’s pop! Since then, McFly has gone on to become McBusted, and released many different tunes of all different genres, however, to this day, this catchy melody still remains my favourite.Now, I can here you crying through your screens ‘WHY ROSE, WHY IS THIS HIDEOUS NOUGHTIES GEM YOUR PREFERRED TUNE?’ Well I can tell you, there is one reason; it attaches lots of different memories. I remember being a small little one, sitting in my living room, with my parents dancing like crazy men around me. I was a happy, smiley child, without a worry in the world.
But we are all guilty of looking back on memories through rose-tinted glasses. We all look through photo albums and home movies, thinking the days that we see were the best days of our lives, when actually, they were just our normal everyday lives. With every feeling of nostalgia, comes a feeling of adoration; take, for example your favourite tv programme from when you where little. It may be a measly cartoon, but it will always have a place in your heart, and be looked at with a sense of amazingness, even if it is not deserving of the rating you give it!
The reason I am writing this is because I wonder how many people actually want to change rather than being made to change just because a couple of people are telling them that they miss the old them.
I guess the point for this post is, don’t change just for the sake of someone else. As long as you are happy and healthy that is all that matters!
On Friday, I was asked by my teacher: “Do you know what you want to do in the future?”
To that I replied my routine answer of: “No, I have absolutely no idea”
As a school student, aged sixteen I am asked this question at least on a weekly basis by a whole array of people, including teachers, peers and of course, my parents.
But on Friday, this question got me thinking more than usual.
My future is uncertain, I know that for sure, however, I find somewhat joy in not knowing what lies ahead of me. I think that as long as I know the rough direction I want to go in my future is going to be exciting, and thinking about it, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love the thought of the fact that one thing, one event, one time in my life, (good or bad) could change my opinion on life forever. It could change my career choices, the way I act, the way I think, the way I look and my whole lifestyle.
I then started to think about the somewhat near future and decided to make a list of what I wanted to do in the next couple of months and/ or years that is going to help me as a person:
- Treat myself and my body with a little more respect. What I mean by this is I think I should start listening to myself a little bit more, rather than being swayed by other people’s opinions. As for my body, this weekend I have already started to eat healthier, and I can already tell that this has made me more positive.
- Meet lots more wonderful people, both online and offline, who are going to going to bring happiness to my life. Not that I don’t already have fab people in my life, but you can never have too many amazing dudes in your life, right?
- Read more books/ write more blog posts. I find that if I write about something, it gives me the motivation to actually do it. As for reading, it gives me the inspiration to write.
- Go to more shows, cultural events and theatre performances (of all kinds). I love the theatre, I always have, and I probably (hopefully) always will. I relax when I am in the theatre like nowhere else. I also think seeing lots of different performances will help me to understand lots of different things such as events in history and culture, as I always read up on the context of a piece of theatre before I go.
- Pay attention and be thankful for all the little things in life. I have come to realise recently that you don’t know what you have until it’s gone, so for that reason, I am going to cherish every single little moment.
- Finally, and maybe most importantly, i am going to try lots of different and new flavours of tea…. I LIKE TEA OKAY?!
I am hoping these things will help me find what I am supposed to do in life, and maybe help me find some new things that I love to do!
Ciao for now,